Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kid Rock: Rock N Roll Jesus


Kid Rock has grown on me, especially once his music shifted out of (well mostly) prepubescent boy audience lyrics.

I haven't gotten through the whole CD yet (got it late last night) but I do like it. And true to the title, at least thus far.

I don't often get home sick but there's another piece to Kid Rock that brings back parts of home. Kid Rock and I are from the same part of Michigan, his accent sounds like mine, and he reminds me of my brother. The same brownish hair, similiar facial structure, and mostly it's the similiarity in how they carry themselves.

My friend ALT has that effect sometimes, though it's memories of my Grandmother - it's the shape of her eyes that look like mine that look like my Grandmother's.

No comments: