Sunday, December 17, 2006

An Anglican Rosary Prayer of My Own Creation

I comprised this prayer from information I received during a quiet day retreat two weeks ago.

Prayer of St. Teresa of Avila

Cross In the Name of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.

Invitatory Bead The Lord doesn’t look so much at the greatness of our (my) works as at
the love with which they are done.
Let us (me) desire and be occupied in prayer not for the sake of our (my)
enjoyment but so as to have the strength to serve.
In the measure that you (I) desire him, you (I) will find Him. Amen.

Cruciform Beads Christ has no body now on earth but yours (mine),
no hands but yours (mine), no feet but yours (mine),
Yours (Mine) are the eyes through which is to look out
Christ's compassion to the world;
Yours (Mine) are the feet with which he is to go about
doing good;
Yours (Mine) are the hands with which he is to bless men now.

The Weeks Let nothing trouble you (me),
Let nothing affright you (me),
All is passing.
God alone is unchanging,
Patience attains all things.
Who possesses God possesses everything.
God alone suffices.

(Last time through)
Invitatory Bead The Lord’s Prayer
Cross Let us bless the Lord (or I bless the Lord)
Thanks be to God.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Beautiful prayer, JSD! I like the way it ties us in our entirety to Christ.

Merry Christmas!

jsd said...

Thank You Lee! And a very Merry Christmas to you also.