1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies:
If the Buddha Dated: A Handbook for Finding Love on a Spiritual Path by Charlotte Kasl “shows you what it would be like to have the ancient wisdom of the Buddha to guide you through the dating process” – great book whether you’re dating or not.
2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music:
More like genres; New Wave music from the ‘80s: and I’m not talking the poppy new wave, more what would nowadays be called Goth; and Trance. New Wave opened me up to poetry; Trance to the beauty of beat and rhythm. For a sample of what Trance is check out: State of Trance 2006 Armin van Buuren.
3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue:
Bound – Gina Gershon, Jennifer Tilly - directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski - need I say more. Fire directed by Deepa Mehta is also awesome.
4. Name a performer for whom you suspend all disbelief
Hmmm…I don’t really have a favorite performer. But how about a cast; I regularly suspend all disbelief while watching episodes of the L Word :)
5. Name a work of art you’d like to live with:
Uh, don’t I already live with a work of art called the planet Earth? Although currently it’s in need of some major restoration.
6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life:
When I was a kid it was the writing of Piers Anthony and Stephen Donaldson and Lawrence Sanders. The Little Prince, James and the Giant Peach, Stargirl, and A Priest Forever: One Woman’s Controversial Ordination in the Episcopal Church.
7. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh
“yeahsss, yeahsss” but without the background this makes no sense, and really it just makes my wife laugh which makes me laugh. This comes from listening to an audio book and one of the characters says "yeahsss, yeahsss" in a very distinctive way which when I immatate makes my wife laugh.