Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tomorrow is the a big day

So, tomorrow is the official start of Step 1: Discerning your call with your Pastor. I didn't notice feeling nervous until this morning. I'm worried I won't know what to say, what if, what if, what if...and yet, I remind myself it will be what it will be. Yes, yes, I do know myself...I'll be digesting that meeting the whole weekend.

He and I in some way are completely different. He's much more introverted then I, which tends to bring the shyness out in me, which always leaves me feeling awkward cause that's not my normal mode in the world. I'm not a flaming extrovert, but I'm not a complete introvert either - somewhere in the middle.

I worry a little that we/I won't know how to relate to him/each other...but, then I have to let that go and let God be present between us. When I go on Pastoral Care visits on my way there I ask the Holy Spirit to be present and for 'right words'. So, I need to remember to ask of these things for myself.

I have to have a certain number of visits with my Pastor, which can take up to but not over 6 months. So, one visit at a time, and it will be what it will be. Even if it's not what I'm hoping for, which is amazingly hard to write.

I would ask for a simple prayer tomorrow for quiet confidence.

5 comments:

murat11 said...

May the quiet confidence be yours. Blessings and love.

jsd said...

murat:thank you

Lee said...

Prayers before and behind you. Prayers to the right and left of you. Prayers above and below you. May the peace of God encircle and enfold you.

Remember, you're the girl who took Community of Hope before she realized she needed to be a trained lay minister to deliver it. That's gotta count for something.

Peace! and Love!
Lee

San said...

You have my prayer, retroactively. I believe in the power of such things.

jsd said...

san: thank you - prayer can definitely transcend time and space.